This is the EASIEST ice cream recipe I've ever tried. Being a lover of ice cream, I was checking out recipes that I could use for my new ice cream maker when I came across Chocolatesuze's Super easy ice cream recipe. There are only 3 ingredients to the basic vanilla ice cream but you can add other ingredients to make your favourite ice cream flavour or anything else that tickles your fancy. The result is a super smooth and creamy texture that melts in your mouth. Its really amazing what cream can do. It is also completely egg yolk free (no more separating eggs or throwing egg whites!), with no cooking and can be made without an ice cream maker. It's that easy! So if you want to make your own ice cream but don't want to use the regular custard-based ice cream recipe or go to your favourite ice cream shop, this is the one to go!
Easy Peasy Ice Cream recipe:
600 ml thickened cream
300 ml can of condensed milk
1 tsp of vanilla extract
*Try adding flavourings like fruit puree, chocolate, green tea powder, nutella, maple syrup, cookies, lollies...the additions and options are absolutely endless!
*Use only half a can of condensed milk if you are adding anything that already has sugar in it like chocolate otherwise it will be too sweet. Because no one likes their ice cream super sweet.
1. Whip the cream with an electric mixer (or a whisk but it's easier for a machine to do it for you!) until it reaches soft peaks and doubles in volume.
2. Add the condensed milk and vanilla extract.
3. Combine the ingredients together along with your desired flavourings.
4. Pour into a freezer friendly container or split it into different containers if you want to make other flavours.
5. Freeze for a few hours and beat the mixture again to airate the ice cream but if you are too lazy to do that, you can omit this step.
6. Freeze overnight and serve it as scoops or slices with your favourite toppings, enjoy!
Note that if you have an ice cream maker like me, churn the ice cream according to manufacturer's instructions and omit steps 4 to 5.